Optional: “ACLS/BLS/PALS Renewal”
Speaker: Giovanna Mahar, CRNA, MS
1. AHA video Perform adult and pediatric (infant and child) one and two-rescuer CPR.
2. Perform adult and pediatric (infant and child) foreign body airway obstruction techniques.
3. Proper AED usage
ACLS with Megacode
1.AHA video Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
2.Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
3.Recognize and manage cardiac arrest
4.Recognize and initiate early management of ACS
5. Recognize and initiate early management of stroke
6. Demonstrate effective communication a a member or leader of the resuscitation team.
PALS with Megacode
1.AHA video Identify and treat problems that place the child at risk for cardiac arrest
2.Application of a systemic approach to pediatric assessment
3.Use of the “evaluate-identify-intervene” sequence
4.Use of PALS algorithms and flowcharts
5. Demonstration of effective resuscitation team dynamics.
AHA Written Exam Requirement of the American Heart Association to pass a written exam in any/all of the above recertifications.